Few things can really transform a room or home more than a fresh coat of paint. If you are not sure how to approach a paint job in your home, you can always call in come painting contractors to do it for you, There are more than 300,000 people currently working as painters in the United States. If you would like to try to do it yourself, follow these simple tips to andnbsp; finish your paint job in no time at all.
Great and East Tips to Get a Great Paint Job Done:
- Decide if you need to use primer.If you are changing the color of a room from a dark color to a much lighter one, you definitely must use a primer. This will allow you to create a new neutral and consistent surface on which you can put on your color. This helps the paint adhere better to the surface. When using a primer, you should go for one that has a tint in it rather than usung one without color. This will make your final color look ore vibrant.
- What kind of paint are you going to use?When painting in your home, you have two options to choose from. There are oil based and water based paints. Unlss you really want to use an oil based paint, the water based ones work just as well, The pother benefits to using a water based paint is that they dry quicker. They also smell better. Today’s water based options can gte you the same sheen that people like about oil based paints. Unless you have experience working with a bargain brand and know the quality is good, you should stick with name brands. If you are not sure, talk to the people at the paint store or cosult some painting contractors and get their input. It should be noted that most painting contractors do not use paint pans. Instead they use five gallon jugs, which they say are easier to use, waste less paint and are harder to knock over. If you want to paint like a pro, that is one trick you should try.
- How much paint should you get?Measure the epace you will be painting. Painting contractirs say that they typically will get one gallon of paint for every 350 square feet that will be painted. If you are not in the mood for math, you can measure and calculate the surface area that you will paint and check one of the online paint calculatirs that can tell you how much paint to buy. Most experienced commercial painters recommend picking up an extra quart of the color paint you are using. This cna be handy if you need to make touch ups later on. If you go back to get more paint mixed later, it will not be exactly the same as the paint you buy initially.
- Get the ceiling to match the walls.Many people find painting the ceiling to be trickt and challenging. There is special paint that is formulated for ceilings. This paint is thicker and less likely to splatter. When applying the paint, roll away from yourself when you are standing. Paint in a zig zag manner and break the ceilign into smaller units. These sections shold overlap. The point is to get the coats of paint look as uniform as you can.
Simple Painting Steps:
- Clean your room. Pay special attention to the baseboards and corners. Make sure no dust or cobwebs are left. Pay attention to the corners of the ceiling where dust loves to hide.
- Put down painter’s tape where you need it.
- Place your drop clothes around the room.
- Paint your ceiling first, do the walls next and finish by doing the trim. If you are doing the floors, save them for last.
Painting your rooms a new color can do a lot to change the look and feel of your home. Whether you do it all yourself or if you decide to hire some painting contractors to do it for you, your home can truly be transformed by a new paint job. There are even websites where you can upload photos and play with different colors before you commit to painting anything.