Here we go again.
It is only three weeks into the month of May and you are already dealing with significant damage caused by heavy rains, hail, and high winds. Your daughter’s car that was parked on the street, you have made calls to your home insurance company to make sure that you understand your options for home window replacement, as well as roof and gutter repair. It was only four years ago, however, when you were going through the same processes after another storm. At the time, the weather experts and insurance companies were telling everyone that this was a once in a lifetime weather event. A mere four years later, however, you are facing the long task of getting estimates, making decisions about contractors, and waiting for the workers to arrive and get your home back into shape.
General Contractors Offer a Number of Important Services to Property Owners
Home remodeling and home repair projects are often the result of storm related damage. And while everyone wants to make sure that they get a great bid on roof, siding, and home window replacement projects, it is important to make sure that you take the time to go through the proper processes. You need to work with local contractors who will help you get the results that you want and will still be in town if you have problems at a later date.
Consider these facts and figures about the many kinds of work that home contractors can provide to their clients:
- Termites damage approximately 600,000 homes in the U.S. each year, and the majority of these projects require some major repair work.
- Whether it is caused by flooding, tornadoes, or a plumbing malfunction, the average cost of a home water damage insurance claim is $6,965.
- A single sheet of drywall standing upright with its edge sitting in a half inch of water can wick water up to six inches in fewer than three hours.
- Mold typically begins to grow in 24 to 48 hours in a moist environment that is left untreated.
- Fixing easily corrected household water leaks can save home owners nearly 10% on their water bills, so even a small contracting problem can provide serious benefits.
- 14,000 people in the US experience a water damage emergency at home or work each day, according to industry estimates.
Finding the right contractor can help you recover from any kind of storm. It is important to make sure that you take the time to get bids and check references to know that you will get the roof, siding, and home window replacement and repair work that you need.