When you need replacement windows, you need to consider how much it will cost. Adding windows to a house cost a lot of money, especially if you need custom windows or an aluminum window sash replacement as well. Before you buy anything, make sure you know what you want. Consider the size and shape of your windows. The best made replacement windows might be customized to your home, which can get edpensive. But the final arched window replacement cost will depend on who you go to for the repair. So take some time to shop around different services.
If you can’t afford the windows of your dreams, you can still make your cheaper windows beautiful. Consider what kind of window treatment you’ll need. Window treatments are often much cheaper than the window itself. They can also come in various styles, allowing you to customize the window to be exactly what you want it to be. If your budget is smaller, find a window that fits, then focus on window treatments. You’ll get better results than you would by overspending and leaving the window half-finished.
Close your eyes and picture the moment: it’s a clear day, the sun is shining, the birds are chirping and you’re sitting in your favorite chair taking it all in out your living room windows.
Windows play a large part in the overall look and feel of a home, but whether you know it or not they might be costing you some money. Drafty windows can increase the average energy bill by as much as 25%. That can be a big jump when you consider the Department of Energy estimates that 45% of the average energy bill goes toward heating and cooling.
If you’re looking for better energy efficiency and want something that doesn’t require a lot of maintenance, there are many types of replacement windows available. Regardless of which kind you get, replacement windows offer plenty of benefits:
- Improved Safety: When it comes to preventing break-ins, replacement windows can do the trick. One of the best things you can do is to get window tint on your new windows. Window tint allows you to see outside without sneaky people getting a peak on what’s on the inside. Window tint also helps keep glass together in the case of breaks. Other types of windows such as tempered glass and laminated glass also keep glass together. You can never be too careful when it comes to safety and replacement windows can keep you protected.
- Lower Energy Costs: It’s been mentioned already, but getting replacement windows can have a lot of positive benefits when it comes to your energy bills. You’ll have to pay for your windows up front (anywhere from $300 to $700 per window), but, over time the money you’ll save on utilities will be well worth it. Depending on where you live, you deal with different elements and you want to make sure you’re protected whether you live in an area with extreme heat and extreme cold. Dual-paned windows for example are great for retaining heat when compared to single-pane windows.
- Better Home Value: The National Association of Realtors estimates that homeowners who replace their windows can get as much as 80% of their investment back. It’s been established that each window is going to cost you a nice chunk of change, so being able to recoup some of that investment is a plus.
- Maintenance made easy: Today’s windows offer protection, sustainability and don’t take much to maintain. Windows that are properly cleaned and maintained can last homeowners a minimum of 20 years. Since so many types of windows are available, you’re probably going to want something that’s easy to clean, is made of good material and is durable (again, durability is a big key). In addition to windows, you can get add-ons such as specialty blinds or shades to help reduce the need for constant cleaning.
- Sun Protection: Natural light shining into your family room is great if you’re trying to read or if you’re entertaining company. But it can be harmful too. In fact, at least 50% of the sun’s UV rays can pass through the average window. Many styles of window, like those with doubled-paned glass can help better protect your house and your belongings (especially furniture) from sun fading. When it comes to protecting against sunlight, window tint can be very beneficial. It can block almost all (99.9%) of all UV rays and allows homeowners to enjoy the sun’s positive effects.
- Looking good: Having replacement windows installed can keep you save, bring down energy costs and it also makes your home look great. If passersby think your home is appealing on the outside, it may be helpful down the road if you should decide to sell your home.
For Chicagoans looking for new windows, doing a search for window replacement Chicago can help you find the best replacement windows. A window replacement Chicago search can help you find windows that will keep the elements out, keep you safe and lower your energy costs. A search of window replacement Chicago can also help you find reputable window companies who can advice you of the best windows to get and can offer installation services as well. So what are you waiting for? Do a search for window replacement Chicago now to transform your home!