It’s part of renovating a house that everyone comes across. Some love it, some dread it. Painting, which is often performed using a mixture of brushes and rollers, takes time and lots of it. A typical project will require multiple coats of paint, which makes the paint thick enough to withstand the elements and the damage that can ensue.
There are also different types of paint to consider and the primer. Fortunately, there’s a whole industry devoted to providing services that take this task far out of your hands. It’s commercial painting..
There are nearly 317,000 professional painters or painting contractors in the United States. It’s a fast growing industry, with employment expected to grow 20% from 2012 to 2022, faster than average for all occupations.
A commercial painting company often works with more than just paints. Wall covering, protective coatings, roof restoration, and other services go along with the standard application of paint to walls or the outside of buildings. A painting contractor is generally an individual experienced in the field and knowledgeable of the techniques used in commercial painting, which enables him or her to complete the job more effectively.
Here are some techniques that a commercial painter uses when working:
- Sanding levels out spackle and flattens ridges around nail holes.
- Tinted primer is better than plain primer at covering the existing paint. This means that your finish coat will be more vibrant and require fewer coats than with the plain primer.
- Extenders should be used when painting drywall, woodwork, and doors.
- In general, glossier paints are more stain-resistant and have a better ability to be scrubbed.
- Five gallon buckets with a roller grid work better than a roller pan. Roller pans hold less paint and are more likely to tip over.
- Paint dries better between 60 and 90 degrees.
If you’re tackling multiple rooms or a large outdoor area, think about coming up with a time stamp for the project–when you want to get it done by.
Cost is another consideration and not just in buckets of paint or rollers. The time spent on a project may be spent in another activity or direction. A painting contractor is there for a reason and in-demand for a reason.
If you don’t like to paint or don’t want to spend the time on the project, it may be worth considering to pay someone else to do the job.
When selecting a painting contractor, it’s important to assess their knowledge and whether they or their company has the experience to do the job. Ask how much they require for a project and how long it will take them to complete it.
It’s also possible to look into related services like sandblasting or more specified services like interior painting services.
Trackback from your site.